Commands, routines, techniques for....

wannabe

I do a lot of plan drawings that either need to be scaled directly or used partially in other drawings at lesser scales. Unfortunately, this means that all text, blocks and other items that need to remain standard sizes in paper space are now incorrect.

My current remedy is to manually change things. Obviously editing blocks in place and using quick select can make most of the tasks quite simple; but still, I wonder exactly how other people carry out these tasks.

I did put a similar thread in the customisation forum that related to just text. But, if I do attempt to create a macro then knowing how other people perform these tasks may make it simpler or quicker - or may even make my task of creating a macro for this purpose pointless (although it's a good exercise anyway for learning, I think).

Genuinely looking forward to your answers :D

have you investigated using annotative text? I don't need it myself but this sounds like the right application for it.

Unfortunately some fo the informatin, like text & Mtext, is imported from other surveying & GIS software so the text cannot be annotative by defualt. However, some conversion tools or Macros combined with this may be the answer to my text scaling problem.

Anything similar for blocks?

I am currently using ACAD 2007 which preceeds the versions that have the annotative text function, I believe.

We should be upgrading to AutoCAD 3D map in this office, soonish. Hopefully it will be a newer version aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried us CHSPACE to move the text, blocks, etc. into paper space from the original scale drawing, then COPYCLIP to your new scale drawing in paperspace? There could be some moving and adjusting spacing but the size would be correct. This may save you some time.