dynamic block text

totalblackout

I have a section marker with some text with it and when i make it a dynamic block and try to say flip it it will only take the circle and line with it and leave the text with attributes.

how can i fix this problem?

thanks

you need to lock the text in its position

Yes OR I you haven't selected the text attribute in your flip parameter.

see attached block - i did a quick one when you go to block editor open properties and under misc tick lock position. (you have to do this with the attribute selected)

SECTION MARK.dwg

I think you are going about it in the wrong way, you shouldn't requireso many copies of your attributes in your block - can you just not have 2 No. flip parameters instead?

I think you are going about it in the wrong way, you shouldn't requireso many copies of your attributes in your block - can you just not have 2 No. flip parameters instead?

i have tried that but flipping left to right no prob but when i flip top to bottom it doesnt keep the NOM/SHEET correct.

i got it. when i was setting the action to flip top and bottom i was selection everything. I just tried it without selecting the NOM/SHEET attributes and it works perfectly

another visibility prob. i set all the visibility states and when i flip through them in block editor there perfect but when i reinsert it into the drawing its coming up with different portions of each state on them, anyone know the reason why this would be happening?

thanks again

visibility_prob.dwg

• 3 years later...

hi guys i have made this one , when i insert it into my drawing i get "invalid" why is that ? i have made it so that the indicator rotates around the text , it works fine as a block , but only when i insert it i get an issue

SECTION MARKER.dwg

without looking my guess is a block called "SECTION MARKER" lurks within the file named "SECTION MARKER". Either insert as an exploded block or rename the dwg file and try again.