black plots grey

CyberAngel

We're using Civil 3D 2009. I copied some drawings over from a LDD 2006 project. When I print them, the color black comes out grey. Normally, the plotter puts down a base coat of blue and then the black ink, which makes the black darker. For these particular drawings, that isn't happening.

The entities themselves all have the color overriden or inherited from the layer. There are some entities coming in from xrefs and others in the drawing itself. All of them plot the same.

It's not a plotter issue or a color table issue, because I can print other drawings from the same computer to the same plotter and they plot with the blue base coat. Other people can plot the same drawings from different computers and the same thing happens. Apparently it's a setting in the drawing itself, but I can't figure out what. PSTYLEMODE is set to 1, PSTYLEPOLICY is set to 1, CPLOTSTYLE is set to ByColor. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

In case this ever happens to someone else, here's the solution. A co-worker actually discovered how to fix it.

The title block in each layout was an xref. He bound the xref as a block. Problem solved.

It doesn't make sense to me. The printing problem happened with everything in the drawing, not just the title block.