Text output changes when printing- Dtwist?

spaetzel

I've been working from a file e-mailed to me by another firm, whos drawing style has some settings I'm unfamilar with... First, I noticed the crosshairs weren't quite at a 90d angle... I tried resetting UCS to world, (also tried 3point UCS) but nothing changed. I then noticed when I draw a line at a 0d angle to the screen, it reads as angle 24d36'0".... I spoke with someone in the firm who said he uses the Dtwist command to orient the plan to north... Both of us have tried to turn off the dtwist with no luck.

I've been able to work around most of the problems, but the text is basically illegible.

It actually looks OK on the screen (albeit rotated strangely), but when converted to an Adobe .pdf for printing, the text looks nothing like what was on the screen! (Also, I am unable to print directly from CAD to my plotter without converting to .pdf, so that's not an option).

Sorry for the loooong message, but I have tried everything I can think of and I'm getting desperate! Thanks in advance

Try using uCS "View" to align your ucs to 0. I think this might help. As far as the other problem with the text, i have had such a problem before and my it department spent forever trying to figure it out and could not. My way around it was to change the either update my pdf program or try installing a different one (CutePDF i think) . Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick replies... The UCS View didn't seem to work, but I'm not sure I am doing it correctly.. (I tried UCS 3point yesterday, with no luck) ... As for Dview... Twist is set at 336, but when I try to change it back to 0, it rotates the objects I selected, then goes back to the 'Enter Option If I just try to click (exit the command) it asks 'Enter Direction and Magnitude Angles'. I tried entering 0, but that didn't work. Thanks in advance for your help!

OK- Twist is now back to 0. Thanks for that. Unfortunately, Crosshairs are still at a 24d angle. Tried UCS world, and UCS 3-point to get them back to 'normal'. Any other tricks. I've never seen a drawing where UCS world didn't reset the crosshairs at a 90d angle to the page?

OK- Just tried SnapAng- It was set to 24d.... I've set it back to 0. Hopefully this will do the trick and get things working... stay tuned and THANKS to everyone who has helped!!!!

I just tried to recreate your problem and fix it on a test drawing and command plan > enter > enter fixed it. Let me know if that does the trick.

Well, I think I've at least figured a way around the problem... I did get all the twists, etc. set back to 0. However, the text output was still getting garbled between paperspace and .pdf transition. I finally created a new layout in paperspace and now the text is printing OK... still not sure what caused the problem but and thrilled to move on from it!!!

Thanks to all!