Leader, Dimension Arrow Sizes

When I create a scaled viewport of a cross section and change the dimensions and leaders to paper space, so I can set their values to match the other viewports and then change them back to model space to look the same as all other arrows, the arrow size remains the same thus I cannot make all arrows in differently scaled viewports look the same on paper space.

The company I work for has multiple dim styles built into the drawing templates; so when using a recognised scales I already have the correct settings.

Today, however I am producing not to scale viewports and just wandered if there was a simple solution rather than creating a new dimensiion style or overide for each NTS viewports.

one way is to use annotative dimensioning, this way you dont have to create multiple dim styles with different text heights, arrow head sizes etc.

Another is to directly dimension in paper space but you must set your dim style to "scale dimensions to layout", then if need be that the dimensions are to be in model space, use CHSPACE command to switch the dimensions from PS to MS.

Im using 2007 and I dont know if this version enables annotative dimensions and text.

As you mentioned, using the change space function is what I have been doing to set the dimensions up to a consistent format. Unfortunately the arrow size remains the same size in paper and model and even with another dimension copied from another viewport via the chspace, the arrows will be visibly different but with identical arrow sizes in the properties for them.

Thanks.

Im using 2007 and I dont know if this version enables annotative dimensions and text.

As you mentioned, using the change space function is what I have been doing to set the dimensions up to a consistent format. Unfortunately the arrow size remains the same size in paper and model and even with another dimension copied from another viewport via the chspace, the arrows will be visibly different but with identical arrow sizes in the properties for them.

Thanks.

Cant you just leave the dimensions in PS?

Properties of dimensions that have been switched from paper space to model space will of course be different, CAD calculates for the equivalent properties to retain onlythe appearance of the dimensions w/c have been switched depending on the scale of the viewport.

im a bit confused with you saying that the arrowheads are different but have the same arrowhead size in properties,

Cant you just leave the dimensions in PS?

Properties of dimensions that have been switched from paper space to model space will of course be different, CAD calculates for the equivalent properties to retain onlythe appearance of the dimensions w/c have been switched depending on the scale of the viewport.

im a bit confused with you saying that the arrowheads are different but have the same arrowhead size in properties,

Thats right. If I chspace the value for the arrowhead reamins at 0.400. Likewise if I change an arrow in a different viewport that also says its height is 0.400 in paper space it stays the same.

So, when I put these two arrows next to each other they both say 0,.400 when one clearly isnt.

Whats even more annoying is that the new style that is scaled to layout also has some strange mannerisms. For instance, any dimensions on that style will automatically update when i change the settings for that style (arrow size, text size etc) but when I creat a new dimension it looks way smaller.

Its getting quite annoying now to be honest.

:) glad to hear.

honestly I dont even peek at the properties of switched dimensions anymore just as long as they are all uniform in appearance.

Cheers