Text bold problems

jow

Hi,

I have a drawing that is doing wierd things to my text. It converts normal looking text in model space to what looks like bold text in paperspace. It is ruining my drawings. It doesnt happen in all my drawings and if i copy affected text to non affected DWG's the problem is solved. Although if i copy layouts into the new drawing it screws the text. I want a way to fix affected drawings as i am working on a huge set that will take ages to copy and relayout the 500 odd drawing sheets.....

I attached a DWG with a Mview window with affected text and some text placed directly onto the layout to see what i am talking about.

Help.....

Problem.dwg

Do this Bold texts retain even when you print em out?

It retains when i print to a plotter or laser printer, but i have just found out that printing to pdf makes it all look ok, but then there are all the annoying things that the pdf printer does to the drawings...

urrrgh.....

Does the file i attached seem bold and wierd on your machine?

i cant work it out....

try to print them... the second one down looks bold in you image....as does the top one... they should all look like the bottom two as they are all the same text element.

Hmmm, yeah there is quite a difference, you've got very sharp eYes my friend. :)

this one's got me puzzled as well. I was thinking it has something to do with the viewport's properties but ive already matched their properties and one is still bolder than the other.

cant think of any other solution

Hmmm, yeah there is quite a difference, you've got very sharp eYes my friend. :)

this one's got me puzzled as well. I was thinking it has something to do with the viewport's properties but ive already matched their properties and one is still bolder than the other.

cant think of any other solution

yeah its got me stumped! the worst part is it prints really differently and seems only to affect random viewports.... so half my package is fine the other half is bold....

hopefully someone can work it out for me because i am totally out of ideas!

• 4 months later...

Sorry for the late reply to this problem - but I just experienced it myself with CAD 2009 this past month. To fix the problem after it happens, select the text, block or whatever it is that exhibits the *bold* problem. Right click and select properties. Under "Geometry", RE-enter '0' as the "z position". The text should now look normal.

I still have not been able to find a way to prevent this from happening in the first place. Computers make our lives easier - right?

Hope this helps someone!