Script file - Modifying entities

g007doc

Hi all. New to the group. Been browsing and this seems to be one of the best CAD forums I've seen in a very long time.

My problem, I have a few hundred files drafted in an arbitrary coordinate location. I need to batch process a script file on all of these drawings to move, rotate, and scale all entities. I have the transformation Script file nailed down. The coordintate translation is very minute so it is difficult to notice the translation. I need a way to notify users when they open the drawings that the entities have been transformed. Any ideas via scripting?

Some of my thoughts but not quite sure how to accomplish: Adding text to a no plot layer, inserting a block on a no plot layer, or my preference would be to add a hyperlink "Text to display:" on all of the entities. That way, when the cursor over the object it notifies them of the translation. I haven't been able to figure out how to handle through a script file.

• 8 years later...

I need to move a block named "north" in the Y direction in 6" increments and take a rendered image after each movement. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks. --AP

Adam dont steal the post start a new one.

g007doc have you thought about using a UCS this way World returns back to where you were, just make sure you save it and give a name.