In 3D - how to stop UCS from automatically aligning to adjacent object snap point

dvjstyles

In 3D - how to stop UCS from automatically aligning to adjacent object snap point

Both myself and the other cad guy i work with have this problem but only with the more recent versions of Acad. We are using 2007 and 2008. Cant find a solution anywhere it seems!

When looking to draw from a UCS I’ve set up, or the world UCS, if I click on an object for a start point - for a line, a shape or an object – Autocad automatically jumps to a different UCS that it thinks somehow corresponds to the object I’ve clicked. Cant find a way to turn this off.

Onetime it does this and the next it doesn’t (even within the same minute in the same session), sometimes the UCS goes one way sometimes it goes the other (!) it seems to not at all relate to what I am doing with the mouse or keys.

I have some photos as Jpegs if you’d like to see, please email me.

I have had to start drawing shapes in free space and then dragging them to snaps on existing objects to avoid activating this problem (feature?). Sometimes though, as you can imagine this isn’t possible, and it requires some very strange methods with leader lines to get the results I need.

I know it didn’t use to do this 2004. My college has 2008 both here and at home – at home it works fine with no ‘Auto UCS object snap’ thing but here at work it does this snapping. It makes it difficult to draw, anyone know how to turn this ‘Auto UCS object snap’ thing off?! Think it could be a bug?

What you are looking for is Dynamic UCS. There should be a button on the bottom of the AutoCad window that should toggle it on and off. (its next to snap, ortho ect.)