batch previous plot

NoelStalker

Hello everyone,

I searched the forums but did not seem to find anything quite like this. I would like to make a lisp file that would open drawings in a folder and batch plot them, using the previous plot assignment.

The way I see it, it could either have a dialog box that asks me for which files to plot, or it would plot all of the files in the folder, opening and printing them in alpha-numeric order.

Is this getting into the advanced programmer's realm or is this something a beginner could tackle?

Hello everyone,

I searched the forums but did not seem to find anything quite like this. I would like to make a lisp file that would open drawings in a folder and batch plot them, using the previous plot assignment.

The way I see it, it could either have a dialog box that asks me for which files to plot, or it would plot all of the files in the folder, opening and printing them in alpha-numeric order.

Is this getting into the advanced programmer's realm or is this something a beginner could tackle?

They have programs that can do this and more. (Example: Multi-Batch)

neekcotrack,

What is multi-batch? Is it free? We're a pretty small operation and I don't think my boss wants to pay for lisp files.

I would write a script file and feed it the plot parameters you want. You can create a script file in about 10 minutes for however many drawing you need. There are shortcuts to minimize typing

CmdrDuh,

Thanks for your response. I am definitely interested in writing a script file with plot parameters. How do I go about doing this? I don't know how to print without using the dialog box.

CmdrDuh,

Thanks for your response. I am definitely interested in writing a script file with plot parameters. How do I go about doing this? I don't know how to print without using the dialog box.

If you want to know how to plot without the dialog box type -plot in the commandline and just follow each step.

(defun c:pl ()
   (command "-plot"
   "yes"
   "Model"         <<---<< Change this if Needed
   pause
   "A4"          <<---<<< Change this if needed
   "Millimeters"
   pause
   "No"
   "Extents"      <<---<< Change this if needed
   "fit"          <<---<< Change this if needed
   "Center"
   "Yes"
   pause
   "yes"
   "wireframe"
   "no"
   "no"
   "yes"
   ) ; end plot
) ; end pl

You get the idea... change what parts you need to

LeeMac,

I started with your code and used neekcotrack's advice to come up with this one. It simply plots using the previousplot settings.

(defun c:pp ()

(command "-plot"

"no"

""

"previous plot"

""

"no"

"no"

"yes"

)

)

Thanks again.