Door Swing

slipperyer

Have you got 2004 version?There are sample drawings with doors in.They should be within a similar location location C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2004\Sample.

If not they are easy to draw.Draw a CIRCLE then have your OSNAPS on for CENTRE & QUADRANT,also have ORTHO on.Now draw a LINE from the CENTRE of the circle to the QUADRANT OSNAP.Now delete the portion of the circle you dont need by using TRIM.You can also acheive the same effect using the ARC command.Notice all the commands and settings I have included in CAPS.

Use AutoCAD DesignCenter (ctrl+2) under House Designer if you have one.

I use 2000i and 2005; both of them has.

Use it as a guide, it might jug you memory :D

LSR

• 6 years later...

This never misses:

draw in the door, use the corner the door is hooked to for the center of the circle, the opposite jamb for the quadrant of the circle. trim against that jamb and the door. Can't miss. Doesn't matter what angle the door is drawn at and you don't have to try to remember which version of the arc command to use.:

doorswing.jpg

I do the same and I also find it the easiest way.

And by drawing the circle first, if you need to draw the door in at some strange angle you can use the circle as a guide and the door is always the right length that way. Just start at the jamb where the center of the circle is, draw a line at any angle you want by using the "near" osnap at the circle, offset it whatever thickness your door is, connect the ends, then trim the circle and there you are.

Same here, using the circle command then trim the nu-needed part.

Draw the door time, then copy and paste to other doors the same size.

Use Mirror to change opening direction.