How To Make A Title Block

ms_scene

I have to add a title block to several drawings of plans and elevations.

How do I go about making a title block? And once Ive created one, does it then become a template I can modify over and over? Thanks in advance!

I have to add a title block to several drawings of plans and elevations.

How do I go about making a title block? And once Ive created one, does it then become a template I can modify over and over? Thanks in advance!

You can find a few sample title blocks in the template folder, it will be buried deep in the file structure, something like,

C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2009\R17.2\enu\Template

There will be files ending in DWT and DWG. The DWT files are template files which are nothing more than DWG files renamed or saved as DWT. In the template the border will need to be in PS. If you want a border to simply insert later the information will need to be in MS.

So open the sample DWT, SAVEAS to a name you want with extension of DWT. when you navigate to that folder only DWG files will be showing, go down to the bottom of the dialog and select .DWT or type *.dwt in the file name location. Edit it all you want, add dim styles, layers, etc. Set this file as your default so when you pick the new button autocad automatically uses that template file for you. Options> Files> Default Template File Name for QNEW.

As rkent stated, many templates available in you AutoCAD program.

You can edit to suit your needs. Save the edited title block with a different name, in the directory you like.

Be creative...make your own!:D Then find a template with a border you like, blow away its title block and insert your own. Do a "save as" and give it a new name like "The Best Titleblock on Earth" and use it over and over again.:)