Support File Search Path via VBA

ZenCad1960

What I am attempting is that when a user opens a session of AutoCAD, the "Project.dvb" fires up and runs a Sub which sets all the Support File Search Paths in which we want to set. I have been able to get it to set one but since I am no VBA Guru, I thought I would ask you guys for some help.

The following is the line I have used which adds the 1 path:

ThisDrawing.Application.Preferences.Files.SupportPath = "V:\AutoCAD\ABC Standards\Scripts"

However all this does is replace ALL of the search paths with this one. I need to know how to add to the current list. On second thought how about check first to see if the path is already there. If not, then add it, if so go to the next one.

I expect at least three to 12 new paths depending on how other things work out.

Thanks in advance for all your help with this!

Zen

p.s. I can get the "Project.dvb" to fire up when AutoCAD starts, I just cannot get the path addition code to work...

This is what I use

Dim supppath As String
     supppath = UCase(ThisDrawing.Application.Preferences.Files.SupportPath)

If Not InStr(1, supppath, "U:\TITLEBLOCKS") > 0 Then
     ThisDrawing.Application.Preferences.Files.SupportPath = "U:\TITLEBLOCKS" & ";" & supppath
     End If

If Not InStr(1, supppath, "U:\SYMBOLS") > 0 Then
     ThisDrawing.Application.Preferences.Files.SupportPath = "U:\symbols" & ";" & supppath
     End If

1-grab your existing paths an save as a string variable

2-using InStr() check to see if what you want is in your path, and if Not, insert it