Pdmode - Pdsize

armenta_43

Anyone out there that can help me figure out a mystery?

I am working with Acad version 07 and I have inserted some points (PDMODE 34/PDSIZE 5).

For some reason, now that I try and insert a point, it is so small you can't see it. I keep trying different sizes & styles but nothing works.

I aso tried regen with no success...bummer.

what units are you using? a PDSIZE of 5 gives a point of a fixed size of 5 CAD units. perhaps you are drawing at very large scale, like a map or something which will make 5 CAD units very miniscule depending on your units

Have you tried to change to size to something ridiculous, say 1000000, to see if that makes a difference ? :shock:

yep also on my mind, since pdsize of 5 is a fixed size, its very very small if you are working on a very large scale drawing.

I typed in ddptype and changed the settings from relative to screen to absolute units and gave it a different size...resulting in Node sizing to average size.

Having quoted what the PDSIZE was in your original post, I assumed that you would be familiar with the system variables and thus would not have needed DDPTYPE. Just shows how you should never assume anything :oops: and that our advice was falling on deaf ears

Entering a negative number at PDSIZE is the same as changing it in the dialog, notice I gave you this answer earlier, did you consider it at all? Just curious how folk's minds process advice.