Construction Lines in 3D dwg

EMS_0525

Ok, wondering if someone can explain whats going on to me.

Im working on a drawing in 2009 autocad, 3 viewports in model space, working in the lower left VP, trying to draw a construction line from an endpoint of an object behind another object... You can see in the right VP that there is a tank behind a 'wall" is the 3d object infront preventing me from snapping on the object behind it? There are alot of little things like this in 09 that have changed, and its driving me crazy... If i go over to the right isometric vp i can snap on pretty much anything, but on the right it only lets me snap to the object in front? is this correct?

container.jpg

well i went to my coworkers machine who has 2004 cad, and it works the way i thought, you can snap to objects behind objects, but cant now in 09. That sucks.

check your snap settings. i dont think you should have that problem. If you have two points that are "on top" of each other i believe it will snap to the one in zero plane. I cant remember if there is a quick select if your right click or not.

the points are not "on top of another" say there is a 3d wall, and a steel tank behind the wall, looking at the wall i cant click on the tank which is behind it... but if i rotate the view i can. I cant see where there would be some kind of setting for this.

Its not just construction lines, if i try to move, draw a line..... anything, it just wont snap to a 3d object behind another. WTF

i dont recall having this problem when i was using 09. Does this happen if you change your visual style to 2d? What if you change your settings(right click) from perspective to paralell?

i was workin in 2dwireframe mode..... it doesnt work in 3d wireframe either..... and im not sure i understand your paralell/perspective question.

I turned off snaps, dynamic input, and polar tracking, then started the construction line command and typed in end so it started at an end point then it worked, but it wouldnt work if i started the command with the snaps on..... WTF.....