Background Masks

cpriedel

Hi,

I resently changed from Autocad 2007 to 2009.

I find a lot of new little helpful things in the new Version.

Anyway here is my problem:

In 2009 you now can determin the color you want your Background for MTEXT to have. I was very happy to discover that until I tried to Print.

Attached find 2 screenshoots. done with 2 different plot styles.

Please note that the backgroundmask and the Hatch have the same color.

I find that when i switch to BW plotstyle the Backgroundmask behaves like a wipeout. IMO it should have the same Shade as the Grass hatch Background.

Am I wrong?

Is there an option I have to change to make it work?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Colored Plotstyle.jpg

BW-Plotsyle.jpg

Please let me know if I am not clear enough about what the problem is. I will try and discribe it better

Thx

Are you trying to make a blank box like below?

Looking into the problem. Where ever the masking box is it will make it dark. If you make it small if will show the text. So I would say try not to background mask it there, unless you want to check the use drawing background color box.

No, i am trying to match the Hatch color (in this case color 74) with the Background Mask color (color 74).

My problem is that even though its the same color as the solid hatch it prints as a black box and not Screened as u can see on the BW Shreenshoot.

Background-Mask-Porperties.jpg

Thx for your suggestion neekotrack.

I did notice that there are no problems with the "use drawing Backgrund color" option.

I am wondering though if i would have to use (color 74) background mask for the color plot and "use drawing background color" for the BW Plot. And keep switching back and forth for as what plot is needed?