Ctb File Missing...

sweetie1

First time poster... all of the pen tables have gone missing from my plot manager. i used to have a selection ie. monochrome, grayscale etc ...

Now it says, none or new. When I click new, it opens a dialogue box to create new pentables or browse a file. CTB files are not part of the options, which is confounding. It's worked for me before....

As well, i've got a ctb file from school that will not show up, even tho i've done all the steps as shown in class...

we saved it, go under file, click plot style manager and paste....i see it in the file, but when i go to plot, it is "missing"

many thanks for any insight...

sweetie

Maybe we should start over.

On the command line, type stylesmanager, then press Enter.

When the pop-up window appears tell me two things.

1. What is the path shown in white lettering (against dark blue background) at the top of the window. Should start with C:\...

2. What files, if any, are listed in the window?

I think sweetie1 posted a similar question previous to this one and one of the responses was exactly what rkmcswain suggest above. I think she tried to use the command but it did not work out as expected. Maybe a mod can combine the two questions so all the info appears in one thread? Just a suggestion.

Hello...

i've had this problem before... STB were stuck in my DWG and whenever i print, i get really light line wights because of the STB files... untill someone helped me and told me to do the following :

---> Click on File

---> New

---> Aec Model (Metric Ctb)

---> a blank dwg will open

---> then go to INSERT

---> block

---> choose your dwg

---> click ok

---> then again ok

---> then type 0,0,0 ENTER and you will see your dwg. in the new model layout.

---> then celect all

---> type explode

---> enter

Then when you want to print go to file

---> plot

---> check the images i added here i hope they are helpful..

by the way... you might say that is not your problem, i'm sorry i explained too much, i just wanted to be clear, because if it happened to me, it must've happened to other people.. and that is the way to fix it...

and about you loosing the pen tables, it's normal, cause at school you have different setups and at home you have different setup too... Same with me, so it's ok...

for me, at school we set our DWGs to Plot # 4 , sheet size 24"X36" , so when i come home, and check my ploter settings, everything changes and it says ctb files missing.

Sorry for explaining to much.. as i said, it happened to me, so i don't want it to happen to anyone else, especially at school we pay A LOT for plotting our DWGs and in the end we don't get what we want, so we fight to learn lol, so we don't make the same mistake again.. :wink:

print1.jpg

print2.jpg

print3.jpg

print4.jpg

print5.jpg

print6.jpg

print7.jpg

I think sweetie1 posted a similar question previous to this one and one of the responses was exactly what rkmcswain suggest above. I think she tried to use the command but it did not work out as expected. Maybe a mod can combine the two questions so all the info appears in one thread? Just a suggestion.
Sorted - thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

• 3 years later...

i also have this problem and with up comand dont solve my problem i cant drag all the colors and shoud chose one by one how choose all the color?befor ican select all but after this error i cant