Text missing in viewport

Leecox

When i'm in modelspace I can see the text no problem, when I am in paper space I can see the normal text. However, the text in the view port can not be seen. Also the text from the dims can not be seen, even though the lines of the dims can.

There are no boxes round the text.......there is just no text at all in the viewports.

I have tried using a very basic text like ROMANS and it works. Also when I zoom right out I can see the text, but when ever I zoom in it disappears again.

Help please.....its driving me insane!!

When i'm in modelspace I can see the text no problem, when I am in paper space I can see the normal text. However, the text in the view port can not be seen. Also the text from the dims can not be seen, even though the lines of the dims can.

There are no boxes round the text.......there is just no text at all in the viewports.

I have tried using a very basic text like ROMANS and it works. Also when I zoom right out I can see the text, but when ever I zoom in it disappears again.

Help please.....its driving me insane!!

Can you post the drawing? That would help. In the meantime, check that the text layer isn't frozen in the viewport. For the dimension problem, check if there are annotation scales applied (or not as the case may be). Depending on the view scale, you may be able to see the lines but not the dimension text (even if the dimension text is actually there).

Is the text annotative? If so, check to see if the light bulb next to the annotative scale list is on. You can also check ANNOALLVISIBLE and make sure it is set to "1".

The annotation settings are fine, and no layers are frozen.

I have opened the same drawing on another computer and there is no problem at all, which leads me to believe that it is a setting on my machine not the drawing.

Also as I mentioned before, if I use a basic text such as ROMANS there is no problem, so it is not all texts that this happens with.

I have attached screen shots showing the problem. it only seems to be in viewports in paperspace, but when I zoom right out the text appears to be there?!?

Drawing in modelspace.jpg

Viewport in paperspace.jpg

zoom out in paperspace.jpg

On Vista:

Go to 'contol panel' - 'Personalization' - 'Window Colour and Appearance'

Then 'Open classic appearance properties for more color options' - 'Advanced...'

This will however change the fonts generally through windows.

On XP, i think its very similar.

Ha ha!! problem solved, I tried the disable desktop composition but that didnt work, However, the viewports were clipped....so I disabled them and it seems to be working fine now.

Thankyou very much!!

Ha ha!! problem solved, I tried the disable desktop composition but that didnt work, However, the viewports were clipped....so I disabled them and it seems to be working fine now.

Thankyou very much!!

Interesting one. Hadn't heard of this one before. Thanks for posting the solution.

The disable desktop composition has worked, i can now draw poly viewports and see the text inside.

However, some of the graphics on vista have switched to basic.

• 5 years later...