plotting scale

BCK

Agreed.

It might be an idea if the OP could post a screendump of his plot settings window prior to printing. Also doing the same for his windowed area, which contains a dimensioned object, might help us to help him.

Thank you for all of your help guys, this is taking a while.

Screendump?

how do I do that?

How large is the drawing? Can you attach it to your next post? Maybe someone here can have a go at plotting it.

The original file is 1,736KB "deflated"? to 1,051KB

I'll have to get permission to post it as it is of a modern sail yacht yet to be built. The architects haven't replied to my request for help on this matter...that's why I'm here.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BCK

• ReMark

• wannabe

• hotrodz0321

Purge the drawing first if you already haven't done so.

Do you know how to use "Print Screen" to capture an image of what you see on your screen?

Do you know how to go through the plot sequence from a command line?

Purge the drawing first if you already haven't done so.

Do you know how to use "Print Screen" to capture an image of what you see on your screen?

Do you know how to go through the plot sequence from a command line?

I haven't purged the drawing yet. In autoCAD help, purging sounds like turning off unused layers. Will this help plotting?

I have found purge, do I purge all?

I do not know how to print screen. I can't find it in autoCAD help.

I haven't used the command line to plot. I just typed plot in the command line and the plot dialog window pops up, so I'm at the same place I have been trying to plot from before.

Sorry this is taking so long to figure out. Thank you all for helping me.

Theres a button on your keyboard called print screen. Its just above the insert key.

If you press the button it copies whatever is on your scree. You then need to paste that into pain at save it. Then stick it up on here.

Would you be comfortable emailing the drawing to me? I could try plotting it. You just have to tell me the size of the paper and the scale. I have access to a lazer printer (8.5x11), a Kyocera copier with 11x17 paper available and a HP Designjet 500 (up to 24x36).

Thanks for those suggestions and the offer to print.

I have been fiddling with this more and have found something that may be causing the problem.

In the plot dialog window, plot settings and under "paper size and paper units", I had been choosing letter which is the size I use. The printable area was in inches (7.94" x 10.62") and didn't think much of it. I changed the printable area to millimeters, and now I seem to be able to print in the correct scale.

Why does the printable area units affect the scale??? This seems really stupid.

Shouldn't that be irrelevant?