Drawing lines and spline with double sided arrows

geocad

Hello everyone,

I am new to these forums and have a question which I hope is easy to answer.

I need to be able to draw lines and spline with arrows on each end. Up until now I have been using two leaders to do this, but I feel that there must be a better way of doing this. So can I draw a single line or spline that will have arrows on each end?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I am tracing points that are an alignment. I need to indicate that the feature continues past the points by using arrows on either end. I am not worried about distances or anything else.

Will this work for curved lines?

Not sure for definite. Maybe if you make the block with arcs and add some control points?

I'll see if I can make one and let you know; if you dont beat me to it.

I think you might need to play around with rotation actions and blocks within blocks.

What I am attempting now is to make a linetype that will just put one arrow at each end. You may need to keep the linetype generation disabled, but it might work.

5 minutes, mate.

The best I can do is to say create a dimension and turn of both of the extension lines and then override the text with nothing but a few spaces.

If you hacve lots of these to do then you can do the text overrides globally at the end.

If you want to add a curved line you will need to draw an arc and then use the arc dimension tool.

I hope you find a solution. It would be great if someone could tell us how to make a dynamic block act in this way.

I will give those a try. Do you know if there is anyway of editing the qleader command to possible achieve the double arrow spline? Thanks for all your help.

I thought about this since I read the post, thinking it could be done with a lisp, I'm sure, which is above my paygrade still... so I started playing with this macro. It will insert a block of the arrowhead you use, (mine is called "splaro") , just make a block of the arrow you want and save it in a folder in your search path, or save thsi one there. Add the Macro to a tool palette, or a toolbar as a button or it can be added to your acad.lsp to use a keyboard shortcut. probably several other ways to use it too.. you set the 2 arrow blocks then draw the splinePas you need. kinda simple routine but saves a few keystrokes..... It's just one way of doing this. possibly Lee Mac, Lpseifert, asmi, or a few of the other good code writers can elaborate on this simple code and show us a better way.... we'll all learn a little...

^C^C(command "insert" "splaro" pause "" "" pause)(command "insert" "splaro" pause "" "" pause)(command "SPLINE" "insert" pause))

splaro3.gif

splaro.dwg

Thanks for the help, I will give it a try.

I thought about this since I read the post, thinking it could be done with a lisp, I'm sure, which is above my paygrade still... so I started playing with this macro. It will insert a block of the arrowhead you use, (mine is called "splaro") , just make a block of the arrow you want and save it in a folder in your search path, or save thsi one there. Add the Macro to a tool palette, or a toolbar as a button or it can be added to your acad.lsp to use a keyboard shortcut. probably several other ways to use it too.. you set the 2 arrow blocks then draw the splinePas you need. kinda simple routine but saves a few keystrokes..... It's just one way of doing this. possibly Lee Mac, Lpseifert, asmi, or a few of the other good code writers can elaborate on this simple code and show us a better way.... we'll all learn a little...

^C^C(command "insert" "splaro" pause "" "" pause)(command "insert" "splaro" pause "" "" pause)(command "SPLINE" "insert" pause))