Polylines printing incorrectly

c_duchardt

I'm sorta new here. Been looking around for a while and have learned that I have a lot more to learn. Great thing about being only 30...still have plenty of time left to learn. Graduated last year from a local Community college in Northern Maine, US with a degree in Computer Aided Drafting Technology which basically brings me into the CAD world at about about a level 2 to 3 CAD Person. I have lived in Northern Maine pretty much my whole life and have always been fasinated by "blueprints" and have always enjoyed "drawing" houses. I took some other roads after graduating High School but after about 10 years of "floating" realized I should have done what I wanted to do in the first place...DRAW! So now here I sit at a local Electrical Utility Company as a Drafter and love it. People here say I am too picky for using OSnap and OTracking but I say if you have the tool....USE IT!!! That's all for now except one thing and if someone could tell me a good spot to post this ? i'll put it there...

I have a drawing with a titleblock around it. just a simple tblock nothing fancy but the border itself is a polyline of .06 units wide but when I print the whole drawing it comes out looking like two separate lines. I have opened the tblock itself and all is well there and when I view the drawing in "shade" it's the solid thick line it is supposed to be but when i print in shade it just flat out doesn't print right. I have never had this problem before today and we run AUTOCAD 2009. the block was made years ago but I have no problems with it up until now. How do I make the multilines go back to being one big thick black line? HELP please!

ok....this was weird I just try to draw a Polyline and the same thing happened...two lines. There are other plines in this dwg that came out right. I'm am perplexed.

And im going to assume that you have an width applied to the pline taht looks like two lines, and the ones that dont look like two lines dont have a width or if they do they have very little.

actually I have tried both "Global Width" and "Lineweight" and made sure that my lineweights are visible but all I get is two lines still. If I use Global width, the lines get closer or further way from eachother but when I use lineweight the "two Line" get the weight and there is no "fill" if you wish. I can start the rectangle command draw over them and they are fine (which) I did to get the project turned in) but I would like a more correct solution as to why my insert turns my polylines into double lines.

Welcome to the forums!

Lots of experience here but, we're all learnin' day in, day out!

I've done a lot of work in Jay, International Paper.

Cold winters up there!

Look into properties, line weight.

You may have to increase the line weight to "view" the desired title block.

... and if someone could tell me a good spot to post this ? i'll put it there...
I've moved your thread into a suitable tech section, having tried and failed to find a good place to split it into 'tech' and 'introduction'!

I know the menu here is a bit daunting, but you'll find your way round the bits you need really quickly :thumbsup:

Look in the plot style to see what colour has been assigned and if it is consistent with other objects of that colour.

You're not plotting with .stb are you?