Macro not found

Rooster

I use several macros through buttons on my toolbar. However, for some reason AutoCAD can no longer find these macros (error msg: Macro not found). I know that the macros are still there though, because if I go to Tools/Macros I can load them and run them from there. Obviously it would be much easier if I could access them directly from my toolbars again.

Can anyone please suggest how to get my toolbars to reference the macros again?

I think you need to go into tools and then select the load application. Then reference the files to be loaded on startup.

Not 100%

Thanks, but that doesn't make any difference....

check to be sure the folders that the macros's and lisps are in the support path still on options

What section should they come under? There are several support paths options. I don't want to change the wrong one as I've done this before and had my fingers burnt as a result!

yea you don't want to change the wrong ones ( learned the hard way myself) but add the file path to the support file search path, under the files tab in options..

where are your macros or lisps stored? are the in one file?

yea you don't want to change the wrong ones ( learned the hard way myself) but add the file path to the support file search path, under the files tab in options..

I have 6 different entries under the Support File Search path

- Users\....\R17\enu\support

- Program Files\....\support

- Program Files\....\fonts

- Program Files\....\help

- Program Files\....\express

- Program Files\....\color

I presume that it's not fonts/help/express/color, so which support should I change?

where are your macros or lisps stored? are the in one file?

The missing macros are not stored in the same folder as all my other LISPs etc. The add-on that I installed them from put them into a folder in Program Files.

dont' change any of the existing ones. you can add as many new search paths as needed.. Select "ADD" then "BROWSE" and add the folder where they are stored.

It's a good idea to keep all your add on support files together so if you need to reinstall or something it's easily organized

dont' change any of the existing ones. you can add as many new search paths as needed.. Select "ADD" then "BROWSE" and add the folder where they are stored.

Perfect! Problem solved - thanks ghostrider ;)

Glad it worked out, I know I don't explain clearly sometimes... I like to organize all the macro's and lisps under 1 main directory or folder than have sub folders for different things, menu's or CUI, blocks, Lisps, and macro's, and even toolpaletts. each subfolder has to be defined in the support search path though.

then if you ever change machines or reload it's organized to find easily and reload.