Need To Convert Image To Dwg

MikeP

what sort of image is it? there are facilities to convert from pdf, but you don't wind up with the full functionality of a real CAD drawing

its an image with text in it

Hey mike!...Image is base on pixel resolution.Autocad base on vector software.The only thing..pdf can change to dwg.But suitable for acad plot to pdf .Other software to pdf will not perfect to convert pdf.

Hey mike!...Image is base on pixel resolution.Autocad base on vector software.The only thing..pdf can change to dwg.But suitable for acad plot to pdf .Other software to pdf will not perfect to convert pdf.

so your saying im screwed?

it all depends what it is you're trying to achieve and why

if you need a dwg for it's accuracy and functionality you're usually best off redrawing the whole thing

you can insert an image file into your new drawing to draw on top of though - preferably with some layer discipline so you can turn your image off if need be

Raster to Vector is tricky.

Vector:

Images created through a sequence of mathematical statements, defining shapes in two-dimensional and three-dimensional space. Thus, giving the date geometric values. (I.e. length, radius, angle etc.)

Raster:

Images created on a grid in which coordinates and colors of bits are mapped into a given display space. This image data holds no geometric value.

I have spent many hours working out ways to convert these. Your best option (& most accurate) is to get a Vector file from your client. (I.e. *.eps, *.pdf, *.ai) These can all be easily translated to *.dwg, or *.dxf files using Adobe Illustrator (Using 'Export' from the File Menu.)

Once it is imported into Auto CAD, you will need to explode it into single line entities, then use the flatten command. The flatten command is used to change all of the splines into arcs. After that you only need to join all of the polylines & scale the logo to size.

Depending on your router software, you may be able to take the vector file, in its original vector format & bring it right in.

If your only option is to use the Raster file, it is fairly easy to trace the image in Adobe Illustrator, but again, it will not be completely accurate. (Just like tracing in Auto CAD.)

Raster to Vector is tricky.

Vector:

Images created through a sequence of mathematical statements, defining shapes in two-dimensional and three-dimensional space. Thus, giving the date geometric values. (I.e. length, radius, angle etc.)

Raster:

Images created on a grid in which coordinates and colors of bits are mapped into a given display space. This image data holds no geometric value.

I have spent many hours working out ways to convert these. Your best option (& most accurate) is to get a Vector file from your client. (I.e. *.eps, *.pdf, *.ai) These can all be easily translated to *.dwg, or *.dxf files using Adobe Illustrator (Using 'Export' from the File Menu.)

Once it is imported into Auto CAD, you will need to explode it into single line entities, then use the flatten command. The flatten command is used to change all of the splines into arcs. After that you only need to join all of the polylines & scale the logo to size.

Depending on your router software, you may be able to take the vector file, in its original vector format & bring it right in.

If your only option is to use the Raster file, it is fairly easy to trace the image in Adobe Illustrator, but again, it will not be completely accurate. (Just like tracing in Auto CAD.)

what if i do not have illustrator?

what if i do not have illustrator?

Then you are stuck tracing it in Auto CAD, with out any accuracy.

If you can get the vector file, you can see if your router software can view it.

there really isnt a good way to do this accurately. If you dont mind me asking, what is the drawing of. are there any dimensions on it? can you redraw it? When i make drawings that need to contour to something else i make a pencil tracing or scan the object in using a scanner or photocopier then trace it in cad using a spline to the best of my ability. This works well for most things but if you have a tolerance you need to hit good luck is all i can say.

just as said above, jpeg carries no information that is usable.