connections and crossings in ACAD Elec

fabdulla

I am a beginner and I would like to know how would you have a arc across two wires in AutoCad 2008 electrical. When i used wires and they cross each other they create a gap I would like and arc from one over the other when they cross. Any suggestion

When i used wires and they cross each other they create a gap I would like and arc from one over the other when they cross. Any suggestion

It has been my experience when using the insert wires command that it can be a bit tempermental when deciding it will put in gaps. If you draw two wires crossing and it doesn't insert the arc for the gap, then you can use the insert wire gap command or AEWIREGAP. Also, if you have a bend in the wire that is needing the gap to close to where it needs to insert it, then you need to adjust your wire somehow to where it will have enough room for the length of the arc.

I hope I answered your question, if you need more help just let us know :)

i have two window open and i have the existing project and one is just new window and when i draw the wire and go across each other they create an arc automatically and when i try it on the project window it does not it creates gaps and i do not want gaps i want arcs.

I am a beginner and I would like to know how would you have a arc across two wires in AutoCad 2008 electrical. When i used wires and they cross each other they create a gap I would like and arc from one over the other when they cross. Any suggestion

Try right clicking on the project in project manager. Click on properties. Go to the Styles tab. At bottom left is that option. Then you have to apply project settings to each drawing. To do that, have your active project open. hightlight all drawings by holding down alt as you click on them. Right click and apply project defaults.

• 1 month later...

Electroman7979 I think you want to highlight the first drawing then scroll down to the bottom and hold the shift key down and select the bottom drawing. This will select all the drawings. Is this what you were saying or am I missing something, which very well could be the case.