Snap to 3d working in 2d

boyo

I usually work having 2 viewports open, with 2d on the left and 3d on the right.The thing is, when you work in a 2d plane and move stuff around, snaps don't follow 2d rigor and tend to snap to 3d objects.3d objects, obviously can not be restricted to 2d plane. I am puzzled about a way to being able to

restrict snaps to 2d plane, while working in 2d viewport. That is, still being able to use 3dobjects as reference snap locations but and at the same time move objects, I am working on, only x,y distance.

Is it drawing simple lines that are drawing?

Use polylines to draw, they are restricted to a single coplanar plane on the drawing, just snap the first point to the desired plane 2D plane (eg. @ elev(z)=0)

Well, i know polylines will follow first point and than stick to the desired plane. actually i am wondering about keeping 3d objects in 2d plane, as they behave rather chaotically while snapping and don't seem to follow any particular order.