Lisp for Parts List

ziemerd

I need to extract information for a parts list and it looks like I might need a lisp to do what I need done. Here's what I need. I have a parts list and the heading for the columns are as follows:

Ref Des, Qty, P/N, Mfr, Description, Notes

I have a D-Sub drawn as a block with attributes for each column in the parts list so my attributes match the column headings. The tricky part is getting the information for other parts that go with the D-Sub (like the pins and locking posts) that are not drawn and therefore there are no blocks to attach that information to. I would like the block for the D-Sub to include attributes with information for those other items which would be added to the lines right under the D-Sub line in the spreadsheet.

I would add a screen shot of the spreadsheet but I'm not sure how to do that.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dawn

what have you tried? Are you wanting to go straight from acad to the spreadsheet or make a txt file in between? I can do both, but with VBA, as my LISP skills are lacking

All I know to do is to go to Draw > Table > and follow the prompts to create a tabl in Excel and extract the blocks attributes to it. The problem is the info for the parts that are not drawn but need to be apart of the block that is drawn all ends up on one line in the spreadsheet. I need the block info to be on one line and the info for the parts that are not drawn anywhere to be added to lines in the spreadsheet under the info for the block.

The info for the parts need to go in the same columns the info for the block goes in.

I am new to VB and LISP so I need a lot of help with this.