test plots

jtb503

I tried searching this and couldnt come up with anything so here goes. I am fairly new working for my company. I dont mind asking around for help, but i would much rather see if anyone on here knows the answer so i do it on my own so to speak.

I want to prepare a test plot that shows all the different lineweights and colors, so when i plot i know what each color looks like when it plots. I am printing black and white but the colors have certain weights associated. I would like to be able to do this without drawing a bunch of lines and changing colors.

Any ideas?

I have a test plot that shows exactly what you are looking for, ill try to dig up the file (might take me awhile been a loooooooooong time since ive had to print) and if nobody gives what you are looking for before i find it ill post it for ya.

thanks, i thought there was a way in cad to do it because my last two jobs had them and they were both very similar at two different companies so ill have to look into that too

I tried searching this and couldnt come up with anything so here goes. I am fairly new working for my company. I dont mind asking around for help, but i would much rather see if anyone on here knows the answer so i do it on my own so to speak.

I want to prepare a test plot that shows all the different lineweights and colors, so when i plot i know what each color looks like when it plots. I am printing black and white but the colors have certain weights associated. I would like to be able to do this without drawing a bunch of lines and changing colors.

Any ideas?

There are some sample files that come with AutoCAD. I use one of my own files that gives me a better idea of how things will look.

PLOT COLORS.zip

thanks for the help, i actaully just found what i was looking for in the autocad sample folder. it has a color wheel and also lineweights to print out