Subtracting result

boyo

Can you post a screenshot of this ghosting? Maybe a before and after subtraction sort of thing, so we can see what's happening.

It sounds like maybe this is a problem with your video card? :unsure:

Does the "ghosting" go away if you do a Regen?

I too would be interested in seeing a screenshot of this ghosting you speak of.

What are you running for a monitor and a graphics card?

It seems like I expressed myself incorrectly. It has nothing to do with video card or any display malfunction.Simply, when I want to remove a particular chunk like for example seat cut from a truss, I use wall plate as second operand. Final result is truss with a seat cut and that's fine. However when I try to edit the seat cut,deepen or so, lines of truss, as it was before subtractions show up. Can I remove it permanently.

You are doing this using AutoCAD 2009 right? You're not using some other piece of software are you?

"Lines of truss...show up." Maybe you have some 2D construction lines embedded in your 3D truss?

He may be referring to the Solid History. If so then the attached screen would be a method to make the history item invisible. If a complete removal of history data is required then SolidEdit - Clean.

ShowHist.jpg

how are you drawing your subtraction entity? try using the slice command and slicing since you are really looking for a line at a certain angle, unless you are making complex cuts.

Thank you Saint, that's what I was looking for. I had history option turned off, so it was not the case."History" off makes it invisible but it comes back when you select it. The option, within "solid edit" right above "record" is the one I was after.I needed it off.