putting new mline styles in Line Settings

CapnMorgan

Once again, it's a dire case of software documentation people being lazy and restating the obvious. To wit:

How do I put a new Mline style in the list of Mline styles that are available in the Edit Line dialog box for a new Pipe Line Segment? If I hit the Help button for the Edit Line DB, I get:

" . . .

Linetype or Mline style Defines the linetype or mline style of the line. You can also define the linetype or mline style by layer or by block. "

Well yeah, you bunch of dorks, but that doesn't say anything about getting new styles to choose from. I can't see any styles I've defined for any drawing, and I don't think I can define a style for the project, can I?

Can anyone outshine the stellar staff of Autodesk help writers with an answer? Where would I define and store new mline styles and similar things for a P&ID project? Thank you.

There is a MLSTYLE command in P&ID, because P&ID retains all your standard Autocad functionality and adds to it. The problem really is that while I have no problem defining a Multiline Style, I can't see that new style in my Project Properties. It is not immediately obvious, when working in the Project Properties dialog box, either how to define a multiline style within the Project Properties DB, or what drawing in the project to use as a source for multiline styles.

And as ranted about before, "Help" :twisted: is no help at all. :x

I think we're talking about 2 different things. You're looking at a single drawing in standard Autocad 2009 and asserting that all I need to do is define a multiline style in a drawing, which is very simple to do, and I've done that for several drawings.

My problem is a problem with a P&ID project using multiple drawings. It's not so much "how do I define a multiline style" as much as it is "how do I incorporate a multiline style into a project for use as a line type for several line classes?" You have to be working in the P&ID extension of cad to solve this problem because it's not a standard cad thing.

On that note, does anyone know how long P&ID has existed as a cad extension?