Default Text Size

Electroman7979

Does anyone know how to change the default text size? I'm not sure if its an AutoCAD electrical feature or regular CAD issue.

When i drop down the ribbon for all the text properties it only gives me the option for a size 4. I'd like other options in that pull down ribbon. Any help??????

Yes when i type style it brings up a text window, but that doesn't change anything in my ribbon. Here is a screen shot of where i want to be able to add different text sizes,...... but as you can see, i only get one option......

Try typing the variable TEXTSIZE at the command line and just for kicks say 4. Now check what it says under Text Height in the drop-down you have shown above. Does the new size show up?

I just tried that, that works. To try another test, i added a few different sizes, i.e. 4, 8, 10, 2 and then saved the drawing. Everytime i dropped that ribbon down all sizes appereard in the menu. Then i closed AutoCAD and reopened, and they were all gone except the last one i added. do you know of a way to keep them permenant? like a setting in the project or a drawing setting? If nothing else i can work around it. thanks for the info

-James

K. just tried that. I selected the text size from the ribbon, added text. Repeated that a few times with the different sizes from the ribbon, and the text did not change sizes. I then saved the drawing and reopened AutoCAD and the ribbon went back to the default size of 4 and no other sizes. Must be my computer.... I'll just live with inputing text and changing the size after. Thanks for the help.

-James

I found a solution:

See picture below. In the Annotation Ribbon, the A with a brush by it opens the window. Then you have to set the height to 0.0 and click set current and it applies it to that page only's settings. So the next time you type DTEXT or click input single line text, it prompts for starting, then it askes for height. You can either hit enter and use the last used or type a height value at that time.

-James

• 3 years later...