Sharing

A1DWG

Hi All,

just joined today, so my first post...

Anyway just looking around and reading some posts, anyone able to help with this? I want to use a formula in the dim command to divide the length "" by a given value, ie 300, and then add 1. ie 3000/300+1 to give a figure of 11.

Please help.

On the idea of sharing, I have a bit of experience in creating linetypes and hatchpatterns, if anyone has any specific ones they would like, let me know.

Firstly, welcome. Now your problem...

I'm not aware of a way of doing this directly. I thought it may be possible using a field but what I tried didn't work.

I was about to suggest that there may be a programmimg solution but I now see you are using LT so that isn't an option.

If you want this so you can say "I need 11 bricks to build this wall" you can get most of the way there changing your measurement factor in a dimstyle. If you do this I would suggest you also add the sufix so you know it isn't measuring real units.

Hi! A1DWG,

Try experimenting with 1) DIMLFAC 2) 'CAL or the built in Calculator

and 3) DOV.

These are the closest thing I can think of regarding your question.