Sheet Sizes in IDW template

DVDM

Hello all,

I am trying to find a solution for a problem that at first seemed like an easy one to solve, but haven’t had much luck so far, so I thought I’d try here.

I’m setting up our IDW template.

In the model tree, if I right-click on a sheet, and select ‘Edit Sheet’, it brings up the dialogue box with a pull down menu to pick a sheet size. This is a set list of options which I want to change.

First of all, I want to add paper size B1 to the list of sizes.

I can use ‘Custom Size (mm)’ and make a B1-sized sheet (and save this as a Sheet Format). However, I want to use this sheet property as a field in our title block, so that the border automatically picks up the size of the sheet. This works fine for A4/A3 etc because they are in the Size list, but not for the B1 sheet because it’s name will show up as ‘Custom Size (mm)’ in the title block. I’ll need to add B1 as an entry in the drop down list to make this work.

Once that’s achieved, it would be nice to reduce this list of sheet sizes down to only the sizes we use, i.e. A4/A3/A2/A1/A0 and B1, thus removing the option for people to use Size A/B/C etc, or add their own custom sizes if they feel like getting a bit creative. This is far less important though.

The ‘Edit Sheet’ dialogue doesn’t seem to have any functionality to edit the size list, but I couldn’t find anything in the Style Editor, Document Settings or Application Options either.

Anyone here have any ideas?

drop down.png

Sheet size.png

Its scary when you start to dive into the idw side of things and how much money autode$k have poured into this product, to see how crap the idw environment is...