Sum Numbers

myself

hello there, as always here i am pursuing an answer to another question that popped up in my mind.

Is it possible to sum a group of numbers in Autocad? i mean, imagine that i have a text with 1 and other with 2, is it possible to sum those values? i fear this is impossible, but its always worth the question 8)

thanks you vey much in advanced :)

Try over at CADalyst Magazine and their CAD Tips section. Search the database of Lisp and VBA routines. I think you'll find what you are looking for.

thank you very much Remark, you're a precious help here ;)

Sorry about the doubling thread, can i delete one of them or that kind of operation is only available to a moderator?

OK...I checked CAD Tips and discovered the following.

A pair of AutoLISP routines that add and substract selected numerical text entities. ADD.LSP and SUB.LSP written by P. Yousef and submitted to CADalyst Magazine 01-Oct-1997. Look for tip #1369A.

Hope this will work as you anticipate. Good luck.

I'm glad you found what you needed. Seek and ye shall find. Power to Google!

Another satisfied customer.:) Thanks for shopping here at CADTutor.:) Please come back again.:)

d_lay123: Now THAT is FUNNY! Thanks for sharing the link. Now if I can only find a way to put a wipeout over it. Hmmmmmmm?

It's amazing the information people can find on the Internet if only they would put a little more effort in it. I think the main problem is when some people conduct a search they either use generic terms or they are not specific enough. Faced with 54,638 hits on the search terms they find it daunting, at least, to decide where to start looking. Of course I have an advantage as I already have several good resources (websites) at my fingertips under my "Favorites".