AutoCAD Error Message

gofindsam

I recently got a new AutoCAD Error Aborting message dialog. It says "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xf5601fo Exception at 7285378h"

This occured because I had more than 6 drawings opened up at the same time. This is the same issue on all machines in our department.

The company replaced our computers with brand new Dell computers. The previous computers we had were HP. With the old computers, we were able to open more than 20 drawings at one time and still works without crashing. Each drawings are 2D and not 3D where it requires a lot of memory.

Can anyone please tell us what we need to do in order to prevent the computer from crashing with being able to open more than 10 drawings at one time?

don't know if this applies, but this is on the Autodesk site:

Issue

When you opened or closed a drawing file, you received a fatal error or an unhandled exception. This issue may also have occured while you were in the drawing file.

Solution

These errors may be caused by the digital signature feature.

To correct this issue

1. In Windows Explorer, right-click on a drawing file. On the shortcut menu, click "Enable/Disable Digital Signature Icons."
  2. Clear the "Validate digital signatures and display special icons" check box.
  3. Reboot the system.

Some background re: Unhandled Access Violation errors as it applies to AutoCAD (straight from AutoDesk).

"Unhandled Access Violation Exception errors occur when one software application writes into memory that is already in use by a different software application, causing a memory conflict. If the software application is unable to resolve the conflict, then the software application is terminated."

Because the error occurs when trying to load more drawings maybe it is related to the driver software for the video card being used. Is the video card on AutoDesk's list of approved cards? Were the latest drivers installed?

Hello everyone, thank you to all those who replied to my questions.

Here's what is happening, I had one of the I.T. person come over to take a look at my computer. Windows XP is already up-to-date with service pack 3.

The video card we are currently using is NVIDIA Quadro FX 570. We checked the Autodesk website to see if the video card is on the list of approved cards. We noticed that we have the most current version update while the approved video card list on the website shows an older version.

AutoCAD 2007 continues to crash after opening more than 6 drawings. Each drawings only contains 89.5 KB which is nothing.

Any other suggestions?

• 1 year later...

Were u kind of using some more programs like 3ds max or any other program which tend to fill up your temp folder in windows while using it... coz making that folder heavily loaded it take a long time and also shows FATAL ERROR etc. messages.

try cleaning up the temp folder. just type "temp" in run and u will directly reach to the folder i am specifying.

but hey watch out.!!!! while your about to clean up the temp folder try not to open any other program at all. and if in case any file is not getting deleted then leave it as it is. as some of the files are from the memory cache which wont get deleted at all.

clear up the temp folder and try keeping it as light in wieghtage as u can!!!

hope it works out