Working with Blocks with Attributes

ciperez

I am currently trying to create a window and door schedule. I was told that you coul create a block with attributes and then later use that to create the table/schedule. I am having difficult time starting the process of creating the blocks. Am I supposed to create the block first (i.e. the hexagon) and then give it the attributes? And what if I want to use the same block but give it different information? Help please!

-Clara

Ideally you must block the attribute and hexagon at the same time. but it could also be done by with the hexagon blocked first and place the attribute in block editor, but after you exit block editor, use the ATTSYNC command to update the current blocks placed so the attribute will show up.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so i was able to create the block with attributes. Now how do i change the settings on them...i.e. i have several windows with different sizes, how to i edit the information for each one?

How are you getting on ?

Do you know how to create the table using attributes? If not the best command would be EATTEXT when you get to that stage.