Beginner 3D Help

Ritch7

hi again people,

im now just experimenting with 3d for the first time in autocad 2009, basic question.

im trying to draw a cylinder but cant work out how you change the viewing planes, iv'e drawn an elipse but everything is constantly on 1 isoplane, I cannot change what plane it is on how do i either move it in 3d around or change how i draw it?, tried isoplanes F5 etc and havin no luck!

hope you understand what i mean! im sure this is extremley simple!

Keep in mind I am not using MEP. However, in my plain vanilla AC 2007 I used the UCS toolbar (to orient the UCS) together with the View toolbar (for top, left, right, etc.) orientation. Does that help?

Hi terminator,

yeh a little the UCS just wasn't doing what I wanted! it's like it was locked and I couldnt create a new one. and the isoplanes were going a little crazy, but it's sorted now, cant remember how I did it though, just closing my eyes and pressing different buttons I guess! haha :lol:

cheers tho.

When I see the word "isoplanes" I start thinking you are working on a drawing using plain old Isometric (from the Snap command) and that you are using the + keys to toggle the isoplanes. It makes me nervous.