Wire Numbers

Electroman7979

Here is my problem:

I have my project settings so my wire numbers are in-line. This works great when I renumber a whole page or set of drawings, but when I add a wire layer, then add a destination signal to it that is a different wire layer, it only changes the properties of that wire layer from the signal to the number, then on the other side of the number is not changed. Its kind of hard to see in the picture, but the wire is blue on the left and black on the right. Two different layers. Any ideas where/how I can fix?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I believe it has something to do with the separation in the line. It is having trouble recognizing that those two lines should actually be the same wire. Have you tried doing it with the wire number set to appear just above the line? I know that is how I do them, but I don't have the exact problem you do, because I don't use different layers when it comes to my wires.

I Bealive you need to set you wire layer, (Acade sees all lines as a wires) if you set you layer in the drawing properties: e.g *red*, *wht* whit wild symbols, you going to able to set you wire layer for your needs.

when I insert a source signal, and then insert on other drawing or in the same drawing the destination signal, autocad would ask you to change the layer to the source or destination layer so it only be in the same layer.

I hope this would help you fix your problem.

best regards.

Thats how it works for me. Its askes if I want to update the source and change wire layer..... but it stops at the number. I can think of two ways to work around it....

1) when inserting the wire for the destination wire, use the correct layer and not depend on the update from the signal...... or

2) put the wire on top as MFish suggests. That works, thats the way I used to have it.

Thanks for the info from both of you.

-J