wblock and copy/pasteclip not working

NoelStalker

I am using ACAD 2000

My wblock and copyclip commands are not working only in one specific drawing. I am working in modelspace.

When I wblock it lets me select the objects and assign a file to save the objects to. When I hit OK it gives me no error but no file is created.

When I copyclip it gives me no error, but when I pasteclip, nothing happens.

I tried saving the drawing as something else. This drawing simply won't let me copyclip or wblock. I can use the copy command to make multiple copies of the object in question within the drawing. I tried restarting my PC and this particular drawing still has the same problem. Other drawings are fine.

Any advice? Thanks for your help.

"My wblock and copyclip commands are not working only in one specific drawing."

What is the origin of this one drawing? Was it drawn by someone else originally and then "saved as" in 2000 file format? If so, I believe this is a known issue.

the audit command did not fix the problem. Remak, I believe you are right about the problem. However, we do not have ACAD 2007 here so what do we do about our 2000 files so that we can get copy and paste working again?

Noel: You did not answer my question. What was the origin of the drawing? Did it come from someone else outside of the company? If so, maybe that person was using 2007 and saved it in AC 2000 file format and then sent it off to you.

Remark,

I have tried wblock as well and that does not work. It does not create a drawing file where I ask it to after I click OK. I am going to try and download what was recommended on this thread.

DWG Trueview 2009 did not solve the problem. I am still unable to copy and paste with certain drawings from our customers.

I am sorry it did not work for you. I have set up the Convert part to give a save down to r14, and it has worked for me every time :D

• 3 years later...

Fix with the audit command must be the answer of the day. How did you manage to find all these posts from 2008? Does that year have a particular significance to you?

• 4 months later...

What actually worked for me with this same issue... I inserted the entire problem file into the file I was creating. I then was able to paste what I wanted and delete the inserted problem file.