Loss of associated data

CapnMorgan

Well I was starting to be impressed by P&ID functionality. And then it went and lost my data links. I only have one drawing in a project; do I need to do anything different than save all the drawings in a project to retain my data.

How do I know my data is at least not linked (pretty sure it's still there though)? None of my line, valve, and equipment annotation is there in the drawing, only a point (.). Also, if I try to edit sline properties, it tells me there's no data associated with the drawing.

Is this common in P&ID? I really do want to progress beyond fudging things in standard Autocad, but I need my data to be there all the time. Thanks.

• 1 year later...

There were a few issues back in 2009 but were fixed with the release of AutoCAD P&ID 2010. Also always make sure you have the latest service pack. The data is technically stored in the drawing and linked with a master database that is SQL Express format. I worked with it last year but have not done anything lately since I was laid off. So I cannot not look at any files to help out. but i hope this helps.

Greg