attached jpg pathnames

fostertom

Moving some Windows directories around, full pathnames of some pics got changed, so jpgs attached as graphics no longer show up on Acad sheets - instead just a bit of text showing the expected Windows pathname.

Is there any quick way of correcting the pathname of each attached jpg to where it now is in the Windows directory structure, so it will still show up in same location and scaling? Or will I have to delete the old attached pathname, re-attach as new Windows pathname and locate and scale, from scratch, many times over?

Having restored the pics, is there any way I can make them part of the dwg file, so they still show even if I delete the jpgs from their Windows directories?

If not, what happens if I send the dwg file to another computer? Wd I also have to send the jpgs separately, and have the recipient save them into the same Windows directory/pathname location as on my computer, so the dwg will know where to go fetch the jpgs from?

in image manager, when you select an image file the 'browse' option next to 'image found at'(path) will become active, than you cna browse the new location & 'save the path'. so it will reload your image at the same location & scale.

I don't know if the option to bind is availble for images or not

images attached to cad files are like xrefs,,, you could include a copy of the image in the same folder as the dwg file is so it automatically loads it from there. this way you wont have to repath the image files everytime you move it to another computer

images attached to cad files are like xrefs,,, you could include a copy of the image in the same folder as the dwg file is so it automatically loads it from there. this way you wont have to repath the image files everytime you move it to another computer

Hey nocturne00. I could have tried this but I'm just too lazy right now :) . This is something new to me. So if you attach an image to a file (let's say they are in different folders), then if you copy the dwg file and the image to another folder, it will re-map automatically once they reside in the same folder? Is that correct?

No friend!When you move image to another,dwg file" image path " will be lost !

We can find another way to handle this but you said lazy :D:Dso....:(:(

No friend!When you move image to another,dwg file" image path " will be lost !

We can find another way to handle this but you said lazy :D:Dso....:(:(

That's what I thought. Maybe I misunderstood what nocturne00 was saying....

Yep shane that is correct, as long as they are in the same folder the image file will load even if they are moved to different computers. we do it all the time coz we have a jpg image on pur title block and we are too lazy to repath the image everytime we migrate files.

Yep shane that is correct, as long as they are in the same folder the image file will load even if they are moved to different computers. we do it all the time coz we have a jpg image on pur title block and we are too lazy to repath the image everytime we migrate files.
I didn't know that Zine. Thanks. Must check it out.