Missing cui files

hay123

I have just been trying to send my first support request through to Autodesk, and I feel like a total idiot, because I couldn't figure out how to 'create support request'. It was prompting me to search for account and product details, then opening a blank screen. I am going to try my luck here instead. I hope someone can help me.

Ok, here I go (Please don't let the Map3d lingo turn you off, it's an AutoCad problem)

After first installing AutoCad Map3d 2009, some map3d functions (typical Map workspaces/ 2d/3d buttons /task pane) were missing.

I ran repair on instalation, and now have message when trying to access cui "acimpression.cui is missing..reload" & "contentsearch is missing....reload" I have searched for files to reload, with no luck. How can I fix? Cui doesn't seem to be working as it did before repair. Workspace does not change with cui changes. I can change between pre-set workspaces, but cannot alter.

I have repeated the unistall repair/reinstall procudure now twice with the same results each time. First install - missing functions. Repair - missing .cui files.

I have also added update 1 for my product from Autodesk Support & downloads.

I have also attached screen print of what Autocad looks like after 1.install, 2.Repair.

setup1.pdf

setup2.pdf

Try using Windows Explorer to locate your .cui files. When in doubt, search the entire hard drive. Assuming you do find the missing .cui file open AutoCAD and type cuiload. There should be an option to "browse" your hard drive to point AutoCAD to the exact location of the file.

Report your results back here. Good luck.

I did originally search via 'windows explorer search' for missing files and got nothing, anywhere.

My cui doesn't work properly, and I can only assume it is due to missing files. I works fine on first installation, then repair stuffs it.

I'll search Autodesk subscription for impression file. No idea if I had been using it previously.

I have Map 2006 installed, and no impression file has been found on my PC. I did seem like AC on first install was like straight AutoCad though - Standard work spaces were, 2d Drafting & Annotation, 3d Modeling & AutoCad classic, and none of my Map tools were avalible. On repair, standard workspaces were - Map 3d for Geospatial, Map3d for Drawing & Map classic. Maybe first install didn't load the Map features which require these missing files.

I will try again today to contact AutoCad Help. And hopefully will get back here with ideas.

If you are on subscription then Impression is a free download. The software is similar to Sketchup. I think you would know if you had downloaded and installed it.

I did originally search via 'windows explorer search' for missing files and got nothing, anywhere.
a lot of support files are in hidden folders. I always have windows show hidden folders and turn on display file extensions.

Did you check in hidden folders?

Have done another Full search on PC for files, and they are definatly not there.

Oh Ohh. Just occured to me to search the disk, and have now put in correct spot.

My problem CUI is still not working though.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but maybe I'll just check with you all.

I go to CUI, click on workspace, customise workspace, click on ribbon tabs I want, Done, OK.

see attcahment 1

But no ribbon???

see attachment 2

Doc1.pdf

Doc2.pdf

Try going to work space switching. (Bottom right) looks like a gear. Switch it to 3D Modeling. That should bring up the ribbon. Then you can try to edit your cui to your liking.

I have spent what feels like a week straight searching AutoCad disscussions, service & download centre, this site & good old google searches.

I have subscription, but (and I know I sound really lame) but I can't figure out how to create/send a help request to the tech support. I sent a message to subscription help on Friday, asking for help in using the help (which is hurting my pride tremendously) and am hoping there will be a response waiting for me Monday morning.