layer group and general layer question

jkristia

I'm trying to understand the functionality of the layer group, but it doesn't seem to work like what I would expect. And yes, I have read help and looked in Mastering AutocAD, but still, I'm sure I'm missing something.

I would expect the layer group to be a short cut for selecting a specific set of layers. Lets say I have

F1 and F1-Dim for first floor and

F2 and F2-Dim for second floor

Now I have created a group F1 and a group F2 (no problem creating the group).

What I don't get is how I can quickly switch from one group to another group. It seems like I will have to select F2, thaw, activate layer, then select F1 and freeze all layers. This to me seems a bit complicated (too many clicks to just enable a grouped list of layers).

#1 - So what did I miss - how can this be done by 1 (maybe 2) click?

The second question. I have a view port for first flor and a view port for second floor. I know how to freeze layers per viewport, but the layers are always required to be enabled in the model, else they wont show in the viewport.

#2 - is there a way to force a layer enabled in a view port - even if it is frozen in the model ?

Jesper