How can I draw lines with arrow heads automatically appended to the ends of my lines?

btluxury

How can I draw lines with arrow heads automatically appended to the ends of my lines?

I am trying to make the transition from visio but I haven't been able to figure out such a simple feature,

thanks

I am trying to make the transition from visio but I haven't been able to figure out such a simple feature,

thanks

Just to confirm, are these lines to lead from an object in the drawing to a note clarifying something?

Leaders can be set up either with or without text, and will create a line with an arrow at one end. Since you're making the transition from visio can we assume you're creating some kind of flow or process diagram?

yes I just need a simple line with an arrow at the end.

I am just drawing simple audio visual schematics for signal flow...input to outputs

thanks

You can use the qleader and just turn off the variable that makes the dims all one item. I think it is DIMASSOC. Set it to 0 so it explodes them as you place them. It will leave you with a line and an arrow at the end.

You can use the qleader and just turn off the variable that makes the dims all one item. I think it is DIMASSOC. Set it to 0 so it explodes them as you place them. It will leave you with a line and an arrow at the end.

be carfule. making dimassoc 0 will explode leader also so line & aeroheads will be diffrent object as a result.

to avoid that keep dimassoc 1 or 2

& use escape keyu when you want to exit from leader commnad wothout note .

Click ESC key after you are finished with your line.

yeah to be honest thats what i do, just type LE, draw your line and hit ESC after your done, thats what i do, and if you wanna change the size, do it in dimension style and change the LEADER size

:geek:

be carfule. making dimassoc 0 will explode leader also so line & aeroheads will be diffrent object as a result.

to avoid that keep dimassoc 1 or 2

& use escape keyu when you want to exit from leader commnad wothout note .

Yes of course. For some reason I was under the impression that he wanted them separate. Maybe I read too fast.

Thanks Dipali

You can actually turn the setting off for mtext in your qleader settings so you don't have to Esc to get out of it. This is what I always did as I never used mtext in a leader.

i am just a newbie, both to forum and autocad. but, what about the polyline -width-(dim)-end 0-length?

does that make sense?

While changing the width of polyline segments to generate an arrow would work, it certainly wouldn't be the easiest way. Using a leader has the big advantage of being able to change your arrowheads, want a dot? No problem. Plus you don't have to worry about resizing line segments to get your arrowheads proportioned properly.

My usual plan of attack is:

"leader" [enter] click click click click (repeat ad nauseum) [enter] [enter] [esc]

Just remember to draw your line from the enpoint to the startpoint.

"leader" [enter] click click click click (repeat ad nauseum) [enter] [enter] [esc]

I like it!

I like it!