zooming all viewports

boyo

Is it possible in autocad to zoom and pan all viewports at the same time. I need it to keep objects alligned in all viewports along its center axes. If I change viewport scale in one, the allignment is off. I go along by saving viewport conf and return to it as desired, though its not a very flexible approach.

Is it possible in autocad to zoom and pan all viewports at the same time. I need it to keep objects alligned in all viewports along its center axes. If I change viewport scale in one, the allignment is off. I go along by saving viewport conf and return to it as desired, though its not a very flexible approach.

why don't you lock the viewports once its conf?

When you have the viewport marked, rightclick and select Display Locked -> Yes

or

When the viewport is marked, at the bottom of the screen you see a lock, next to the VP Scale and Annotation Scale buttons - click the lock so it looks locked and the viewport is locked.

I dont quite understand. There are no viewports in Modelspace. If your refering to the object changing positions in your viewport when you scale, and you want them to line up on center. Just move the whole viewport from a SNAP point on the center (add defpoint guideline if you wish or use existing center line) of your image and aligin it with the other viewport center. Adjust VP's as needed.

Locking your Viewport will not allow you to pan, zoom or rotate the images inside.

Moving an object in model space will reflect accordingly in your viewport, as it is a window into modelspace. (Just readjust your VPs to fit where you want.)

I am talking about model space. mview not allowed.

well most of us associate viewport with paperspace only.

untill few days agpo i didn't even know, thta we can creat vieport in model space also.

I haven't much experince in working with them so can't answer your querry. Hopefully some one else will come to resque.