PDF Won't Print Or Cancel

BOB'27T

I'm having a strange issue with a pdf from another firm. All I'm trying to do is make a standard 24x36 plot. The incoming pdf is already set to the correct size. When I go to plot it out, it says that it's plotting, but never does plot. If I try to cancel it, I have to shut my computer and the server to delete it. I'm using the Autodesk pdf plotter, btw.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Bob, I feel your pain....We had the same thing about 6 monthes ago and the only way we could get them to plot was to plot them on 30x42. I know this isn't the answer you were looking for but we spent a half of a day on it and had the originator re-send all to no avail. If you figure it out then please post for future refrence.

I never experimented that problem. The solution coming up now is to open the PDF with something else, like Corel or Illustrator. Or for a free solution: open it with PDF995 and reprint it in PDF format.

I used PDF995 before and I think it'a good program -I am sure there are a lot of other free pdf converters out there.

Well I had some success with it. It finally printed after I let it sit for over 30 minutes. The curious thing is that the properties shows it as 1.5mg's but the plot properties shows it as 18 mgs. Any ideas on that? I'm assuming that's where the real problem lies.

I always set in the plotter dialog for the document to be processed in computer, not in the plotter. The theory says that it slows down the printing, but for me it seems to be about the same.

Well I had some success with it. It finally printed after I let it sit for over 30 minutes. The curious thing is that the properties shows it as 1.5mg's but the plot properties shows it as 18 mgs. Any ideas on that? I'm assuming that's where the real problem lies.

I've had similar file expansion whilst plotting. Adobe website lists this as a know issue and suggests the use of postscript drivers rather than HPGL ones. Seems to work in our setup but it does mean we print to A3, not A1 as we cant find a postscript driver for our HP plotters!