opening multiple drawings in AutoCAD 2008

Spiderguy

Hello, all!

I am having a little trouble opening multiple drawings at one time in AutoCAD 2008.

The way I have allways done it - windows explorer - shift & select all files I want to open, right-click, open. This used to work. I have tried going through the AutoCAD open command, I get the same results, just a couple of drawings open.

I remember in some of the earlier versions there was a selection for multiple drawing mode or something like that, however, with this set to single drawing mode, when using the steps for windows explorer above, it would open multiple AutoCAD windows.

This selection is now gone, is there something I am missing?

Thanks,

Matt

Well guys, i hate to say it, but it is set to 0. it will open maybe 2 out of 15 or so drawings. If I double click each individual file all of them will open in the same window of AutoCAD. I just can't get it to open them when selecting more than 2 files and selecting open from the right click menu, or when I selct more than one file from the open comand through AutoCAD. This is not a problem that I have alone, a few other guys in my office have this same issue.

Thanks for the help, I would appreciate any further assistance.

Matt

there is something about opening more than one file in the AutoDesk service packs notes. I know 'cause I saw it yesterday, but I can't remember what it said. Have a look there and see if it relevant to you.