"Cannot find .DCL file."

slimjramirez

I got this message once before, and remember fixing it by putting the *.DCL file in the same folder as the *.LSP file instead of the directory level right above. Pretty simple fix.

I'm getting this message again, but the .dcl is where it should be. I pulled another appload on a different lisp with similar aspects (in a close directory, relatively simple lisps; proper .DCLs in the same folder with their respective .LSPs) and it works fine.

I'm thinking maybe I messed with some of the code that properly tracks the .DCL, but I honestly haven't the slightest clue about lisp-writing enough to track whatever mistake I might have made.

Ideas?

Sonuvamonkey, I KNEW it'd be something that simple. I tweaked with it a little and put all the .DCLs in one location, and that fixed it.

But this brings up an interesting point. My lisps, these two in particular are in the following locations, respectively:

p:\CAD\Lisps\Blocks\

and

p:\CAD\Lisps\Qtyl\

I had the support path going only up to P:\CAD\Lisps\

I apploaded the Blocks and Qtyl lisps, and the Blocks didn't work, whereas the Qtyl worked perfectly, but both Lisp DCL files were in their respective folders.

Why would one lisp work under these circumstances, but not another?

AutoCAD needs all sub directories added to the Support Path, it won't look at one folder and add all the sub folders automatically.

But that's just it, the only directory support path added was one that held the two individual folders; it was apparently pulling the info from one subdirectory, but not the other one, and neither one of those subdirectories were pathed in the Support Path under Options.