problems creating 3d rim/wheel

plively

Im very new to autocad..and Im having difficulties creating a wheel for a car. Are there any tutorials that go about the process for Autocad3d? Or if anyone can lead me in the right direction is doing so. Thanks very much.

Dont get me wrong, im familiar with most of the general functions. I'm just having problems with creating the inner part of the rim. I have the outer shell, just confused on where to go from there.

Im very new to autocad..and Im having difficulties creating a wheel for a car.

Dont get me wrong, im familiar with most of the general functions. I'm just having problems with creating the inner part of the rim. I have the outer shell, just confused on where to go from there.

Its a bit of a conflict of statements sayin "im very new to autoCAD" then "im familiar with most of the general functions"...

tutorials are supposed to be touched according to your level of knowledge in modelling

there are a few ways you can do it.

First way would be to draw your 2d profile of the rim(bead area) all the way to the hub. then subtract spokes. If you have something more "creative" in mind for your spokes, draw your outter rim, draw your inner hub, then draw a guide and two 2d sketches, one at the hub, one at the rim and loft. I did this in another package but have done this with acad before as well. The second pic was done in acad07 creating a rim "blank" and subtracting spokes.

UGSrim.jpg

rim.JPG

Thanks guys for the help. heres my rim..I know its pretty rough but I have a couple other questions. How do you get the material for your rims? I know its something like RMAT but im having problems with that. Also, is there anyway to subtract that extra little material where the spokes meet with the shell? Thanks guys for the help.

RImpicture.jpg

Cool rim. To remove that little piece there's quite a few options for that. U can offset the face of the rim a little, you can Slice it with a surface. Revolve an inverse section and then subtract.

To add material u need open up the Material palette and create them.

Thanks guys for the help. heres my rim..I know its pretty rough but I have a couple other questions. How do you get the material for your rims? I know its something like RMAT but im having problems with that. Also, is there anyway to subtract that extra little material where the spokes meet with the shell? Thanks guys for the help.

RImpicture.jpg

the center part of your rim looks to be just a cylinder so you can make a cyliner that encompasses your spokes and is the same OD as your inner rim part and use the intersect command as well. Or you can draw two cylinder, and subtract.

Acad 09 has tons of materials already loaded. You can look online and use your own materials if you like. Go to your material settings and there is a drop down for metals and advance metals.