how do I close an elipse?

michaeloureiro

hey everybody,

don´t know how to close an elipse, extend won´t do it...

need help

thanks

start polyline then draw your arc and push c then enter to close it

Oeps to fast i thought I read arc!

I'm not sure it's possible to close an ellipse that's been broken. If it is, I'd also like to know, as I usually just redraw them.

I tried to creat the situation. than try extend comand at first it did not work but when selected the other end it worked.

so do this draw lines from both the loose ends of eclipse & than try extend command with both ends one by one. in my case it worked the clock wise direction

elipticle.

let me tell you what i did step by step.

i drew eclipse & 2 lines at x & y axis croosing the ellipse. & trimed the quarter of ellipse.

now when i tried extend command first i selcted one loose end it did not work & than i selected another loose end it closed. it closes in clock wise direction in my case, so need to choose the end accordingly.

I have 2009 and the JOIN command will repair an ellipse, probably works in 08 as well. Pick the cLose option after you have started the command and picked the ellipse.

Oops, I see you are on 2006, probably won't work for you.

>>Pick the cLose option after you have started the command and picked the ellipse.

Thanks -I have needed that a couple of times for circles, and never though of using join/close for this (never noticed the close in the join command for that matter)