Contours with curves?

longcrier

I have drawn many contours using polylines with arcs in them. I have assigned the appropriate elevations to all these polylines. I want to create a surface with them, but it just connects the endpoints of the curve? If there is no way to create a surface with curved polylines is there a way to convert the curves to lots of little line segments?

I'm not sure about the drape command? I'm using Civil 3D '09. Mostly I want my contours to label themselves instead of having to label them individually.

As a last resort I would like to eliminate arcs/curves from the polylines as opposed to adding them.

Thank you for your responses.

Are you defining your surface w/ Contours... look at this option (Toolspace > Prospector > Surfaces > Definition)

Try decreasing the mid-ordinate distance

j1.JPG

Or try feature lines.

My recommendation would be to use one of the various lisps available to label the contours. If you're creating a surface from contours just so you can label contours then you're wasting time. Search for a lisp (there is one here). Label your fake contours. Be happy.:D

For that one you would type in clbl and enter, but when I try it it appears to be looking for another lsp or perhaps an outdated command svlayr so not sure.

I thought you could label polylines as you would a contour, but I must be thinking of Land Desktop that allowed that.