autoCAD not able to loft this

robinberghuys

Hey guys, I'm having autoCAD woes. It seems to be unable to loft these shapes, it says an error occurs.

I included the drawing file and pictures of what I'm trying to do and what happens when it goes wrong.

Might it be that it's too complex and my computer just can't handle it? You guys can see for yourselves if you have the same problem, if you want.

So does anyone know what's happening? Maybe even what I could do for bonus points?

Thanks in advance!

untitled.jpg

vorm.jpg

vorm.dwg

i think the issue is soul power on the winamp:)

thats odd. i have 07 at work, ill try it tomorrow and see what happen

How awesome that you recognised that!

Trying it now, or rather...it crashed while I was typing this. I'll see if I can do a quick debug on it.

Yeah I tried again with fewer cross sections and programs closed, still didn't work. Very strange.

You might want to scale thoughs rings down to make your solid and then scale it up. Just a thought.

Actually, this worked! This is awesome! Thanks!

Changed all the objects to current layer, scaled all objects down by 1000 from center of bottom circle, and went top to bottom on cross section order. Voila! (just barely fit too)

Yeah the top -> bottom order seems to be a good idea, thanks!

how big is this thing? from the pic you posted it almost looks like some sort of eccentric cam lobe.

The bottom circle has a radius of 5600 mm. I'm creating a blob (I'd post a link, but I can't, yet) for my project in studio :)

Obviously, what I just made isn't the final shape. I just want it to look badass and this is a good way of assessing. Here's what I'm thinking about making.

untitled.jpg